You have heard me say in these pages before that Alzheimer’s disease, that ultimately fatal debilitation of the brain, is referred to commonly by physicians as type three diabetes. This relationship between insulin resistance and AD has been confirmed by the National Institute of Health. Read more below…
Now, researchers in England have submitted study results that show using common diabetes drugs improving memory and reversing damage caused by Alzheimer’s disease. More from “The Telegraph” article:
“We believe that the concept of drug repurposing, where drugs already licensed for one condition may be beneficial for dementia, has enormous potential and could deliver new treatments faster and cheaper than producing a new drug from scratch. By speeding up the research process we hope to deliver a new dementia treatment within five to 10 years.”
I believe that diet repurposing may also be a dementia preventer. If only there were a way to keep from getting adult onset diabetes…Oh there is! It’s not a pill that you take of course. What you do to keep from getting type two diabetes is:
1. Quit drinking sweetened drinks, any of them, sugar or diet. Try drinking unsweetened tea or water.
2. Quit eating processed starches like bread, crackers, pasta, gravy, toast, breakfast cereal.
3. Quit eating ‘low fat’ foods because they have added sugars in them.
4. Quit eating foods with sugar added to them, which is most processed foods, I am afraid to say.
5. Replace all these things you can’t eat with fresh fruits and vegetables, real fats like lard and butter, and real dairy products like farm eggs and whole milk (if you must drink milk, don’t drink low fat).
Eating like this will make you feel ten times better than you do now, even if you don’t think you feel too bad. You feel tired after eating lunch or dinner because your body is trying to process the crap you just ate. This does not happen to a person that doesn’t eat starch or sugar. It is a warning signal from your body, just like acid reflux, indigestion, flatulence. People that don’t eat foods that cause diabetes, alzheimer’s or heart disease don’t have these problems, either. Your mind will clear up after a month and you will actually be able to taste what white bread tastes like again. It is awful, tasting more like cake than bread.